The purpose of the Management Information Systems Advisory Council is to be an active, engaged partner which supports the academic mission of the MIS Department, Fogelman College of Business & Economics, The University of Memphis. Towards that end, the MIS Advisory Council will partner on initiatives that have a significant positive financial and academic impact on the MIS Department at the University of Memphis, including faculty, students and administration by:
- Assisting with student recruitment, retention, development, graduation and job placement;
- Working with faculty to develop curriculum and provide educational experiences which produce productive graduates with current skill sets;
- Creating a forum for corporate, government and community IT leaders to interact with the each other and the University;
- Finding and supporting relevant research opportunities for the MIS Department; and,
- Raising funds to support the activities of the council.